For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14
At St. Mark's, we take seriously our responsibilities to our neighbors, wherever they are. Our ministries reflect our priority to care for the poor and marginalized, both to alleviate short-term struggles and to build capacity for long-term change.
- We partner with Emmanuel House, which helps immigrants and refugees become homeowners in our community.
- We are developing a partnership with McCleery Grade School in Aurora -- volunteer tutors will work with students one day a week to enhance learning..
- We host dinner and staff Hesed House in Aurora every other month.
- We have launched our BeFriender Ministry: a ministry of listening presence
- We send our Youth Group on mission trips to learn about and work with people in other parts of the country.
- Our Care Team makes sure that those who are serving in the armed forces or unable to attend services don’t feel forgotten.
- Our Health and Wellness Ministry takes our blood pressure once a month and organizes educational and fun programs with a focus on integrating faith and health through the intentional care of the spirit.
- We create quilts for Lutheran World Relief, collect hats and mittens for the homeless and make pillowcase dresses for little girls around the world.
- We support Feed My Starving Children, Aurora Interfaith Food Pantry and many other programs and ministries to share our faith in the community and in the world.